Love the EVS experience, Delia

¡Hola, guapos y guapas!

I hope that your last month was as nice as mine and that you are enjoying reading our blog and participating a bit in our Mallorca life!

January has been full of emotions. I am going to tell you some highlights in a very short way. My 2019 started at high speed: in my free time I continued visiting around both the island and the peninsula. Madrid has been a discovery because I didn't expect at all that it's such a fascinating city. I will go back there for sure!


I also took the chance of exploring the neighborhood that let me change my mind again about Mallorca: it's even more wonderful than I already thought. This island has so many different landscapes and views, so nice pueblitos and so friendly people.

Then the month finished with the middle-term evaluation: we flew to Malaga and we met 70 other volunteers from all over Spain. It has been a moment of pure joy sharing our volunteering experiences and working on how we could make our project better. For 5 days I have had the feeling of living in a miniature of Europe and for the very first time I think that I have really understood the meaning and the value of spending time in a different country joining a European project. I deeply hope to meet again some of the guys I have met there because, in some way, now I feel like being part of a big family!



However, the most important event happened a few days ago during Valentine's day. That day, as usual, I was in the llar, but I was feeling a bit sad because I am about to cross the finish line of this programme. Time really seems to have flown and later... what's next? So many thoughts already crowd my mind, I can't help it!

Well, I was there talking with my old friends and working at the same time on some magnets for lovers day when I heard them whispering and then Argentina (one of the ladies) saying “¿¡Seňorita!?”. I turned my head and they were all there with an amazing Valentine's present they handmade for me! It's three hearts connected by a twine, as my heart will be always bounded to all the people I met there: the most precious and wisest family ever. They gave it to me smiling with tears in their eyes and saying that I deserve lots of love and they will miss me so much. Totally out of the blue, but it made a crack in my heart. Now I ask you: how will I survive leaving them?





Delia

Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog

CECILIA: More about my experience in Lithuania

Hi, I'm Levan. Today I start my EVS in Mallorca!