My last days in Mallorca, Anna

¡Hola a todo el mundo!

The very last Mallorca days are here! I have packed my belongings, printed my ticket (almost) and started to head my thoughts to the fact that I’m soon back home again. The last few weeks have been really hectic and full of adventures. We travelled across Spain from Valencia to Sevilla, continuing to Cadiz, with a quick stop in Málaga, a monkey business break at Gibraltar, a brief visit in Santander and last but not least, Bilbao. For a person with a museum background, the possibility of finally visiting Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao is magnificent! Now I can leave all my Guggenheim traumas behind. I have been there, I have seen it, and I’ve liked it.

Besides the adventures, these few last weeks have also been full of goodbyes. I broke my heart while saying goodbye to my escoleta and to my group. I will remember every one of them and carry the memory of their laugh, energy and enthusiasm with me. There are no sticks, spoons, lego pieces or cardboard, that couldn’t be used for their endless imagination and creativity. The teachers in my escoleta have truly impressed me with their patience, knowledge, professionalism and willingness to help me. ¡Muchísimas gracias, Escoleta de Magaluf! <3

Along the last week, with my projects came also the day to say goodbye to the perrera. There are so many hairy friends I have greeted, loved, walked with and saluted their way to their forever homes, that it feels unbelievable to let it go. Anakin, Aisha, Flynn, Rocky, Max, Coffee and many, many more, will always represent me my dog-shaped adventure here in Mallorca. I came here to volunteer with environment and animal welfare, and I couldn’t have participated for a better project. I will miss them all and wish them the happiest days of their life.

While packing my backpack I went through piles of papers and pictures that took me down to the memory lane. I have travelled across time from our very first days in Mallorca, through our training weeks, project time, adventures in Spain and of course, fiestas with friends. I remembered people whom I have met during this time, places I have visited, dogs that I have encountered and I closed all these memories within my suitcase.

Mallorca, thank you for this time, it has been good. ¡Hasta la próxima!









Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog

CECILIA: More about my experience in Lithuania

Love the EVS experience, Delia

Hi, I'm Levan. Today I start my EVS in Mallorca!