Be part of 'Europe In Calvià II', Delia


¡Hola, guapos!

This is my second week in Calvià as a part of the EVS project 'Europe in Calvià II' and I already think that I would like to stay here forever.

So many things to tell... about the island, the people, the project, the environment, the apartment, the Spanish life!

Let's go through it.

As soon as we arrived at the airport I met our tutor, Manon. I knew that she would be mothering us in a way. She has been patiently available for all these days, indeed, to answer all our questions (lots and lots of questions) and she also has been always ready to help us or to solve any kind of problem we had in the first period.

We met all the staff of the CUC (Centre Universitari de Calvià) as well and they were all so sweet treating us, from the beginning, as members of their big family.

All the stunning views of the island helped us to fall immediatly in love with its every single spot. We live in a very nice apartment in Palmanova equipped with all we need and, above all, just opposite the seaside! Even though the autumn is coming and maybe the next days won't be as sunny as now, it's comforting and encouraging to wake up not so far from the sea.

Before coming here I didn't imagine how big the municipality of Calvià is: it is divided in different villages like Palmanova, Magaluf, Santa Ponça and Son Ferrer, each of them being fantastic with their amazing places, beaches, mountains, clubs, old buildings and landscapes. We are supposed to do different activities for the project and luckily most of them let us moving around the municipality so that volunteering will be also an opportunity to visit this part of the island.

The Spanish life, with its tradition and its typical food, looks so cool, but I think that the most gorgeous aspect of being part of this project is the fact that we can be very useful with our 'work': I am volunteering in the elderly centre of Calvià and it has been touching, from the very first time, seeing how a smile or a word can change the day of a lonely person.

It couldn't start better!

Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog

CECILIA: More about my experience in Lithuania

Love the EVS experience, Delia

Hi, I'm Levan. Today I start my EVS in Mallorca!