First days in my EVS experience, Anna

Hello everyone,

First month of Mallorca life behind! Towards the end of October the beach life has changed into a raincoat and wet shoes but the experience keeps growing. I started my volunteering time with several projects including Finca Galatzó, Perrera municipal and Escoleta Santa Ponsa. So far my projects have offered me everything I wanted from my experience: animals, archaeological sites, historical buildings and a possibility to observe a behaviour of a previously unknown group of tiny people. And because one can always do a bit more, in November we start with one more project when our 'Snack & Languages' sessions start in the CUC. Our team, accompanied by some crispy crunchy chocolate cookies, is waiting for YOU. Welcome!

Besides the beginning of our projects, the first weeks included a lot of learning, joy, observing, misunderstandings ('Why no one told me that money is not plata in Spain?!'), redoing stuff, happiness, redoing the same stuff again, succeeding, frustration, paperwork, long walks along the beach and two seasons of Stranger Things from Netflix. In a nutshell I guess one can move to another country, learn a new language, meet new people (whose names are doomed to be vanished from your head as soon as you need them), fit so many experiences in a month and still manage to live the same everyday life with a shopping list to a supermarket in one hand and a smart phone with a Facebook app open in another.


Here’s my first month in pictures!



Finca Galatzó! A stunning place with a lot to be seen. I had the chance to go around the area with an excellent guide. Finca and its surroundings caught my eye and catched my heart since the day 1.



My very first day in la perrera. We picked up a tiny dog who had been caught while wandering in an area of a local finca. Poor doggie had been out for a while and his fur was a one big wig full of fleas, poop and branches. Look at him with his new haircut!

 



Towards the end of October I was surprised by my EVS-fellows who organized my surprise birthday party. A rolling stone gathers no moss!


-Anna, the girl who pays with silver and travels by a horse carriage only.

Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog

CECILIA: More about my experience in Lithuania

Love the EVS experience, Delia

Hi, I'm Levan. Today I start my EVS in Mallorca!