CECILIA: More about my experience in Lithuania

Hi!

This past month I have not written blog because I went to Christmas to Spain and I have not spent much time here.



At the beginning of December I was able to visit the Christmas tree that they put next to the cathedral every year, next to a small Christmas market where I bought a couple of things to give to my family.

Now in January I have returned, and in the kindergarten there have been two news volunteer girls, from another organization, who come to spend with us 6 weeks, they are from Hungary and Ukraine, they are very nice, and another new volunteer girl has also come from Turkey but she is from my organization, and lives with me, and will be with us all year.


These days in the kindergarten we have done some activities since we are quite a few volunteers, for example we have made bracelets with colored threads, we have made origami forms with colored papers, etc. and I wanted to show them a Mallorcan tradition that is celebrated on January 16, where people dress up as demons and dance to the rhythm of traditional Mallorcan music, accompanied by fire and bonfires, and we made demon masks and the children colored them and played with them, they liked it a lot.




This weekend they place in some places in the center like light shows, decorate squares, indoor ducks, with different lights, like an open-air museum, and I will see it with some friends, In the next blog I will explain how it went and I will show you some photos.

This is more or less everything I've done these days, nothing out of the routine, I also plan to go ice skating.

See you in the next month!


x

Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog

Love the EVS experience, Delia

Hi, I'm Levan. Today I start my EVS in Mallorca!