Winter in Mallorca, perfect! My warm december, Anna

¡Saludos, amigos!

To celebrate the very first days of November, I went back to Helsinki to meet my family and friends. It's been a few days in the dark Northern European climate. When I returned to Mallorca, I felt like summer was back. Playas, sol, pura vida!

With red, tired eyes I woke up in the following morning after my night flight, just to notice at the bus stop that the schedules had changed for winter and there was no eight o’clock morning bus to Santa Ponsa anymore. I waited for my good old 104-limousine for an hour, arrived to my escoleta late and felt a bit bad for it, but as soon as I opened the door to my class, the little ones made sure that I was awake anytime soon and busy with their joy and sorrow again.

Talking about the 'winter season'. For a person from a Nordic Country, the lack of approaching winter feels strange. So much light, the sun feels still warm and there no signs of November blues so far. Perfect! Sometimes I check out the weather forecast in Finland just to show some empathy and to feel part of the mental team of northerners again. ('You can do it, November is almost over!')

The third week of November we had our orientation week with other volunteers who were participating in EVS in Baleares. A week in Palma, a bunch of new friends and lots of exercises and inspiration. For the fleeting moment when I was dancing and shaking my butt to the rhythm of 'Soy una Taza' with the other volunteers, I slightly started to reconsider my life choices again, but otherwise our week was a hit. How can I return to my everyday life eating rice and vegetables again? Who is going to prepare my coffee for me? With whom can I reflect my feelings and doubts? Give me my Monday morning energizers!


November has also reached us with the traditional why-so-early Christmas commercials. Anytime soon I’ll start to build our Christmas nest with some Christmas calendars (joulukalenterit best), cinnamon buns (korvapuustit must), ginger breads (piparkakut bae), mulled wine (glögi swag) and Awful Christmas Decoration™ (siskon pahvi-Enni lit). We don’t have an oven in our tiny apartment, but one can always make some yammy yammy Christmas pastries with a microwave and a good imagination also, right? ...RIGHT?





                             

                                Happy trooper in one of my favourite spots in Helsinki.







Sending warm thoughts to our precious bus connections here in Calvià. Never stop believing.













         Mallorcan winter = is ok























Our EVS-team as cover girls in “Ultima Hora” during our training week in Palma.









We visited the Swedish Christmas market (Svenska kyrkan Julbasar) to get some Christmas spirit and to eat too many cinnamon rolls. Pure perfectness.


Nos vemos pronto,


Anna


Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog

CECILIA: More about my experience in Lithuania

Love the EVS experience, Delia

Hi, I'm Levan. Today I start my EVS in Mallorca!