Merry Christmas, 3 months now in Spain, Delia


¡Hola, amigos y amigas!

Another month is over and I am beginning to think about the end of this adventure. I know it sounds sad, but I am at the turning point (3 months behind and 3 ahead), so it's time to make a summary of this experience in order to enjoy more every little moment that is still waiting for me.


There have been some highlights in this period. First of all, I decided to live totally this Spanish experience so that I won't have any regrets looking back; that's why I have planned some tours around the country, also in order to dive deeply into the Spanish culture. After all, knowing the community and the culture is part of the EVS aim!







The work in the elderly centre has been crazy lately: we had the Week for the Elimination of Violence against Women, so we organised different activities to engage the guests of the centre in such a valuable event. We made an artwork with all their hands saying 'stop violencia' and even a lazo humano representing the symbol of the social campaign. I think that I will bring with me the willingness and the spirit of all those abuelitos everywhere life will drive me.


'Time flies when you're having fun', that's why Christmas is coming very fast. All look sweet and nice almost everywhere. The streets are illuminated by colourful lights and lots of funny Santa Clauses can be seen climbing roofs or fences. The city is so romantic and the atmosphere, the smells and the songs make me come back to my childhood. This Christmas time was waited eagerly to organise parties and to decorate the house. So also here we managed to make a small Christmas tree and an amusing international dinner at our place with some friends.





A period a bit tiring, but satisfying. 'Cause home is not where you have roots, but where you can find your dimension'.

Delia




Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog

CECILIA: More about my experience in Lithuania

Love the EVS experience, Delia

My last days in Mallorca, Anna