My last days living the EVS Experience, Delia


¡Hola, mi querida gente!

This month flew as fast as one of several flights I took during this Spanish time. So, here I am at the end of March!

Luckily, these days are very busy, so I have no possibility of thinking what will happen when I will leave and how I will feel later.

But first, let's go a bit back in time to the last days.

It has been a full month. In the elderly centre (and in Mallorca as well) spring has come in advance, so I helped making some decorations for the rooms to cheer up the people living there and bring a little bit of nature inside. That's why I was in charge of making lots and lots of birds... with the origami technique! I totally loved it.       


     

Then the International Day of Women came. It has been interesting seeing how people strongly care about this day and how las mujeres are still fighting to give this festivity a meaning far from flowers or gifts to women. El día internacional de la mujer is definitely a day to celebrate one more time women power and equality.







I also kept travelling around in order to discover every single aspect of the Spanish culture. My last stop was in Andalucía. It was amazing! It's a region so full of contrasts and colours. I have been completely overwhelmed by its fascinating history and its stunning monuments. In particular, Plaza de Espaňa is a place to visit at least once in a lifetime: I got goosebumps!







But that's not all. Also the life here, in Calvià, has been hectic. We had two excursions súper chulas: one visiting the public property Finca Galatzó and the other one exploring the archaeological site Puig de Sa Morisca. Thanks to them I could strengthen my idea that Mallorca has a wonderful past and both of them gave me the possibility of living for a while lives of others, walking the same paths or going through the same rooms.



Looking back at these six months I can lightly say that I'm coming back home with no regrets. I met beautiful people who I will always bring with me as part of my life path; I lived in a stunning place where every day I could 'fill my eyes' with breathtaking views and landscapes; I learnt more about a charming culture so that now I deeply appreciate it; I had the chance of speaking a harmonious language which I hope to improve more and more. Finally, the volunteering experience gave me exactly what I was expecting from it: growth, knowledge, confidence and the feeling of being an European citizen.


¡Hasta pronto, Spain!



Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog

CECILIA: More about my experience in Lithuania

Hi, I'm Levan. Today I start my EVS in Mallorca!

Love the EVS experience, Delia